Week 7: Corner Chair

I bought this chair in the fall at Goodwill, it was love at first sight! I think it was about $40.00 and I instantly envisioned it paint black with a black and white scroll fabric. There was a slight problem though... I didn't know where it would go. So it sat in the garage, it sat in the basement, just like our bed frame bench... seeing a pattern?

We decided that it should go in the living room for additional seating. And as lovely as the red velvet is, we chose to pick a different look. So I took the chair apart all the way to the frame. It was pretty dusty and gross and there TONS of upholstery nails. I recovered the chair and spray painted the frame gray.

We were debating between a gray scroll print and a yellow and gray which was somewhat retro. It took a few weeks to decide but we finally settled on the gray and yellow retro. When up against the wall the yellow looks like the same green as the wall color. The extra seating is awesome and the family room is quickly "filling" up with furniture.
 
Thank you Goodwill!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: