Week 4: Organizing the Utensil Drawer

I don't think I need to give an explanation of why I thought that organizing this drawer would help out on a daily hourly basis. I do have to admit that I felt a bit like Rachel Ray sifting through the drawer looking for what I needed. I was always amazed, when I watched her show, at hour she was always looking for a spoon. So I decided to tackle the drawer.

Once I got everything out of the drawer I realized that the contact paper that the previous owners had put in had seen better days. I thought about what I had on had. Scrapbook paper, spray adhesive, and mod podge. Let's give it a try.
I laid out the scrapbook paper and cut it to fit the drawer. Then I sprayed the spray adhesive on the paper and the drawer (not pictured) then positioned in back in the drawer.
After all four pieces were in place then I moved on to the mod podge. I applied a really thin layer to the paper with a foam brush and let it dry.
I found this basket at Goodwill for $1.99 and it looked fine like this but since I did the drawer all nice and pretty with the paper I thought the basket should look good too!


So it got a good coat of Espresso spray paint by Rustoleum. Looking good and ready for the drawer!


AHHH! More organized and it feels so good! I am still on the look out for another shallow and longer basket for all my spoons, tongs, ice cream scoop, ect.

Disclaimer: I have no idea if the scrapbook paper with mod podge will hold up. But I figured it can't be worse than what it was before and if it is then I will go and get traditional contact paper.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: