January Hutch

This is not a project that counts towards my 52 but every month I plan on decorating this flea market find aka the hutch (which didn't look like this when we got it) in a specific color. Overall, I am happy with the blue for January but I need to be on the lookout for additional items when I am at the thrift stores. I made the coffee filter wreath at the beginning of the month from a tutorial at The Nester and added the blue ribbon with upholstery tacks. I plan on keeping that there all the time and changing the ribbon for the month.

The hutch I found at the Mile High Flea Market. The day I went there I was on the lookout for old cabinets that could become a build in under the window with a half table. I was not finding anything when I saw this old, ugly hutch. I think it was the topper of a buffet but the bottom was perfect and it could stand on its own. We, General Contractor, sanded it down and painted it black with oil based paint. I found scrapbook paper and matching knobs at Hobby Lobby. I used spray adhesive to attach the paper. I didn't use Mod Podge on top because I didn't want it shiny. So we have to be careful with what we put close to the paper but I am okay with that, it is a display piece to us. The second it came in I feel in love with the look. Not bad for a total of $50 (hutch and materials included!)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: